Friday, June 1, 2012

Welcome to Chine-Fornia

Just arrived  in Silicone Valley few month ago and I really feel the itch to share some of the impressions I accumulated, mainly about the things which are not as they should be or as expected.

Obviously everything said here represents my opinion and you're free to have a different one. You have the freedom to click away if you don't like the content, as I have the freedom to bark in the night :)

Why "Chine-Fornia"? Well, the biggest shock for me was that most of the population in my daily walking/working/buying/etc area is Asian, and of them all, most seem to be Chinese. Shocking only according to my expectations, as I thought I'll meet the "traditional" California races as in: south americans, white and black.

In fact, it seems that is not only my empirical, visual-formed opinion but also seem to be a real fact as Asians managed to get the first place from Mexicans, the traditional US immigrant (see http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/asianamericans/ for the full story or search google for "The raise of Asian Americans" for lots of opinions about this report).

So, in a try to be forward thinking I decided to choose "Chinese-Fornia" as a name.

Good luck !

0 comments: